The Victorian Refugee Health Network in partnership with North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network and South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network are working together to produce a one day forum of professional learning for general practice staff. The forum’s aim is to support general practice staff to respond to the mental health needs of people from refugee backgrounds, including people seeking asylum.
Following this professional development participants will have a greater be ability to:
- Discuss the clinical and social issues that people who are refugees and those seeking asylum may face and guidelines to support their management.
- Describe strategies to communicate with people who are refugees and those seeking asylum.
- Explain a range of options for the effective management of mental health issues and risks experienced by people who are refugees and those seeking asylum.
- Find key resources and supports that are available for people who are refugees and those seeking asylum.
- Access resources to promote self-care and identify signs of burn out.
This activity will be accredited with the RACGP for 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points.
- To receive QI&CPD points participating GPs must complete a predisposing and reinforcing activity and complete an evaluation form following attendance at the program.
- The predisposing activity will be emailed to you within the week after you register.
This activity will also be accredited with ACRRM (total points TBC)
Date: Saturday 4 August 2018
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Venue: Woodward Conference Centre, 10th Floor, 185 Pelham Street, University of Melbourne, Parkville Vic 3052. Venue Map
Cost: Early Bird Rate $60.00 +gst (Closes Friday 13 July 2018) | Standard Rate$70 +gst (After Friday 13 July 2018)
How to get to the venue
Melbourne University Woodward Centre located in a central location and has many public transport hubs within a 5 minute walk from venue.
Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner – Enter your current location and travel destination and be provided with personalised instructions of tram, train and bus connections that will assist you getting to any Melbourne University Campus.
Accommodation close to the Forum venue
Rydges On Swanston Street
Bookings can be made via phone on 03 9347 7811 or email
Ibis Melbourne Swanston Street
Alternative accommodation option links such as Booking.com, Trivago, wotif can be found at