Dental Health Services Victoria has developed a 10-point plan as part of its Statewide Oral Health Promotion Strategy 2008-12. The fundamental aim of this Strategy is to improve the oral health of Victorians, particularly the disadvantaged and those most in need. This Strategy sets out those actions that reflect DHSV’s long-term commitment to promoting oral health.
The 10-point plan includes:
- Develop and disseminate best-practice approaches, tools and resources.
- Evaluate existing and pursue new, evidence-based health promoting approaches.
- Enhance oral health awareness and literacy in the community.
- Improve the capacity of individuals and populations to manage their oral health.
- Develop Regional Leaders and oral health champions to drive local health promotion.
- Target interventions at high risk groups.
- Develop multi-sectoral partnerships to address underlying risk factors of oral disease.
- Adopt a population health approach to underpin multiple integrated strategies.
- Develop systems to monitor population oral health status.
- Consider other settings, environments and approaches to address the underlying determinants of oral health.
Visit Web Page (Will open in a new window)