The factsheet was developed to help community workers assist refugees and asylum seekers with dental referrals. Though the factsheet is for the NSW context, much of the information is transferable to Victoria and other states.
The factsheet offers brief information on
- Why would refugees have poor dental health?
- Who is eligible for public dental care?
- Making referrals to dental services
- How to refer to the Priority Oral Health Program
- Dental services and asylum seekers
- Working with torture survivors
- Knowledge of optimal dental practices
Visit Web Page (Will open in a new window)