Click image above to visit page with every state's Guide.
General (asylum seekers and refugees)
- Recommendations for comprehensive post-arrival health assessment for people from refugee-like backgrounds, Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID) and Refugee Health Network of Australia (RHeaNA) (2016)
- Desktop Guide: Caring for Refugee Patients in General Practice: A desk-top guide (4th edition) – Victoria (2012) Please note this is currently being updated. An online website will be available by the end of 2016 and hard copy books will be available in early 2017.
- Comprehensive Guide: Promoting Refugee Health: A Guide for doctors, nurses and other health care providers caring for people from refugee backgrounds (3rd edition) (2012) Please note this is currently being updated. An online website will be available by the end of 2016 and hard copy books will be available in early 2017.
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) health assessment of refugees and other humanitarian entrants, Department of Health (2014)
- Health assessment for refugees and other humanitarian entrants into Australia: Q & A sheet, Department of Health (2014)
- Interpreting for Doctors and Pharmacists (TIS), Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Refugee Health Assessment Template (pdf version, medical director template and instructions) (2012)
- Red and General Alerts for new arrivals (Offshore medical records)
- High Dose Vitamin D Information for Medical Practitioners, former Victorian Department of Health (2012)
- Refugee/asylum seeker catch-up vaccine order form, Department of Health and Human Services (2014)
For a comprehensive list of clinical guidelines visit Royal Children’s Hospital Immigrant Health Services website.
Asylum seeker specific
- Medicare renewal (2015)
- Asylum Seeker Information Sheet for Victorian Health Care Providers (Victorian Refugee Health Network, 2015)
- Asylum seeker identification (redirects to the Royal Childrens Hospital Immigrant Health Services)