This online learning module features chapters on:
- Health Literacy
- Medicare and Bulk Billing
- Paediatric Health Pathways
- Specialist Refugee Services
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Refugee Health Nurses
The scripts were developed in consultation with the health professionals and organisations who are delivering services to people from refugee backgrounds. Developers from Oztron volunteered their time to produce the online learning module including the films.
The module may be viewed for free HERE
The notes at the end of each chapter may be downloaded HERE
- The Refugee Health Nurse Program funds 48 nurses across Victoria to work with clients of a refugee background and to support clinicians in the local area to better understand and provide care to refugee background clients. To find the email and telephone details of a refugee health nurse near you please see the Refugee Health Nurse contact list
- The Health Department of Victoria funds five part-time Refugee Health Fellow positions in refugee health to provide education, secondary consult, support and referral information to primary care providers.
- The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture (Foundation House) runs learning and professional development workshops. Themes for workshops include: an introduction to the Refugee Experience, Incidental Counselling skills, Community Detention sessions and on-request PD. Please see Foundation House’s Learning and Professional Development calendar or contact (phone 03 9389 8972).
- Further professional development opportunities.